The Vision of The Harry M. Cornell Arts & Entertainment Complex (The Cornell Complex) is to educate, enlighten, and entertain, while attracting more people and activities to downtown Joplin.
The Cornell Complex will:
- Strengthen the cultural opportunities in our city and region
- Bring visual and performing artists from across the U.S. and world to Joplin
- Showcase and nurture the region’s creativity through visual and performing arts
- Provide world-class amenities
- Drive cultural tourism
- Directly beneﬁt retailers, restaurants, and other businesses
- Generate new sales tax revenue for the City of Joplin
The Cornell Complex will enrich the cultural heart of our city, inspiring people to live, work, play, and stay in Joplin.
The Cornell Complex is projected to be open to the public in 2022.
Check out the official timeline in the presentation book.